strange find today...

growalot

So I was out clearing trails and came across what I thought was going to be a scrape right infront of the new blind...there is a tree with a huge wild rose growing 6ft infront of the blind...left it for I have good views/shots either side but deer coming directly out of the swamp cant see me..so any ways right under the wild rose the earth is pawed up...but not like a scrape but they dug a hole about as wide as a soup bowl and just about as deep??? Whats that about? it's deer...just hoof prints around it...No I didn't have any fake scrape or scent in the area

So I was out clearing trails and came across what I thought was going to be a scrape right infront of the new blind...there is a tree with a huge wild rose growing 6ft infront of the blind...left it for I have good views/shots either side but deer coming directly out of the swamp cant see me..so any ways right under the wild rose the earth is pawed up...but not like a scrape but they dug a hole about as wide as a soup bowl and just about as deep??? Whats that about? it's deer...just hoof prints around it...No I didn't have any fake scrape or scent in the area

That's what happens when you put a mineral rock out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can assure you there is/was no mineral rocks,salt,feed,(other than this is also a WW....clover...turnip field) and no type of scent.......I haven't even hunted there since I wasn't able to draw my bow back that last opportunity I had. I'm Irish/NA and a tad superstitous. I won't hunt that blind until gun season now...though the cam does show lots of activity and a small 8 and a bigger?? blurry buck...lots of doe..

Just curious as to why... ...I'll make a point to pass there on one of my sits in the big end of laneway ladderstand...See if it's gotten any bigger...if there is anything lacking in this shale and/gravel/sandy soil..it's minerals...at least that is what the soil samples have said.

Edited by growalot