Turkeyfeathers 2015

turkeyfeathers

So clothes washed. Car mostly packed. Rolling out tomorrow morning at about 5 am . 13 year old daughter going with until 10:30 or so. Then we get to walk right thru the middle of the woods to drop her off at road and mama will pick her up so she can go to ballet. I'd rather not spook the woods walking out but her being there will be her first real deer hunting  experience. Hope we see some early. Her being there the best part. Just hope she's warm enough . Going to wear her snowpants and snow jacket and winter boots. I'll carry an extra layer of mine in for her as well and a orange vest and hat. Backpack is loaded with handwarmers and toting a sleeping bag out for her to crawl in. We'll be sitting in our new ground blind. Turkey strut chair to keep her fanny off the ground and I'll be sitting on my backpack. I'm going to look like a packmule carrying all that gear into the woods. Hope to post up a pic or two tomorrow early. I'll hunt the rest of the day solo, Sunday solo, Tuesday and Wednesday solo and she plans on going with again on Thanksgiving again. Muzzleloader going tomorrow for sure. Extractor claw on 870 not fixed yet. Love the optics on the ml and just the way it feels. It'll be nice to have an extra set of eyes so when 'poof" of smoke emerges hopefully someone can see what the heck happened, lol.

• Like 1