3M Road Kill

the blur

which part?  dead quiet in north-central and north-western 3M...haven't seen a deer during day light hours in over a week. I haven't seen any road kill on 84 between Newburgh and Port Jervis and I'm on it nearly everyday.  it's as if they all just vanished...I still have 4 tags to fill.  At this point I'd be happy filling one.

I'll blame it on the weather, but I'm probably doing something very wrong.

I blame it on the weather too, there will be 60 degrees on Sunday, hello did someone forget it's December? What would you do if you had your winter jacket on... not move is one answer. Still I will keep pounding and keep hoping.... Good luck...

Edited by bkln
  • Like 1

Saw two small groups of does outside of Washingtonville area Sunday evening at 4:45 on some posted land.

Also have seen 2 dead deer on 17 in the Chester/Monroe/Harriman area and one on the Thruway southbound in Rockland Co. in the Monsey area.

Not hearing the number of shots I have heard in the past - Stewart or Pochuck Mtn.

Yes, and it was very crowded weekend.  12 cars in that limited parking area and 3 parked on the shoulder on the road.

Have not seen any rabbits there (I do not have hunting dog, so take it with a grain of salt), and I saw less squirrels there so far this year compared to last year.

Edited by Two Track