PSE Fang VS Barnett Gamecrusher

ApexerER

OK, So apparently my wife got me one of each for Christmas... I just found out the story. I mentioned to my wife that I would like a crossbow for Christmas. I mentioned the PSE Fang figuring it wouldn't break the bank being my first crossbow. Apparently my wife immediately ordered it before she forgot the name. Then Dicks had the Barnett Gamecrusher onsale for Black Friday for $249.99 with a Reg Price of $599 my wife figured this bow was even better and got that one. The reason she even told me is because I was vacuuming her car and found the Gamecrusher in the trunk. (she wasn't too mad at me for finding her present) So since I knew what I was getting anyways she told me the story. So one has to go back.....which would you choose? I jokingly mentioned we should return both and pick out a $700 one....(u know when you are joking but not really joking) I don't want to push my luck. I am really excited my wife got me one....doesn't matter which one it is...

I've heard Barnett has a lot of problems. From doing my own research while I was shopping for one, & from a couple guys who sell crossbows. They work at a store where they're forced to sell Barnett bows along with several others. I was looking at them, but they steered me away from Barnett. They weren't trying to upsell me, either. The 10 point I bought was cheaper. They have a LOT of Barnetts come back. I saw a guy bring one in that had exploded.

I like the idea of trading both in on a better bow.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after agonizing over this decision for a couple of weeks and reading everything i could on both crossbows i decided on the Barnett. I went to Dicks and handled the Fang. I didn't like it, the stock was to long, the scope would have to be changed out immediately and it didn't feel natural when shouldering. I did really like the Ten Point XLT Turbo they had there and considered returning both and getting that one. With a two week season, which for me means two days a year of hunting with the crossbow i couldn't justify the expense. I talked my wife into letting me open the gamecrusher. I shouldered the bare stock and it felt great. I assembled it fairly easily...Not sure about the cable slide and the plastic trigger but apparently they work. When shouldering the bow it feels like it fits perfectly...I was really surprised at the quality of the scope that came with the package....I have not fired it yet but the Fang is on its way back to Cabela's....

• 4 weeks later...

So I see the Gamecrusher is back in stock at Dicks and thinking of pulling the trigger.  Any updates?  How is it?

So far it is great. I have shot it roughly 30-40 times. I got the scope dialed in but it took longer than it should have. The scope is 1/4 inch @ 100yds like a rifle so I had to make a lot of adjustment in the scope and didn't want to over adjust. Once dialed in @ 20 yds, the 30 yd line was right on exactly. I have not fired it over 30 yds and only made a couple of shots at 30 to see how close it was. All my groups at 20 yds the arrows were touching.  I purchased a rope cocker before even trying to cock it by hand. As far as I am concerned the rope cocker is a must have. You may think differently. I have completely ruined the fletchings on the bolts that came with the crossbow. This thing buries the bolts past the fletchings in my target bag that handles my Bowtech compound no problem. Overall I am very happy with it but can't speak at all yet on the longevity of the crossbow. If it holds up I don't think you can beat it for the money and the short season we have here in NY. Hope this helps