New Gun

Tio1

Have always wanted an O/U Shotgun and getting close to pulling the trigger on one. This will be a grouse/pheasant/woodcock gun utilized with a GSP. Leaning towards Browning Citori Lightning 20 ga. 28" barrel chambered 3" (accommodating 2 3/4"). Any thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There are a lot of good makes and models out there..  For the type of hunting you are looking to do, I would go with 26" barrels...  I have a weatherby in 20 gauge, that I have had for about 25 years..   Love it and love the fell and "swing" of the 26 inch barrels..

One thing you might want to look at is that often on GunBroker you can find some great older guns that are new "old stock"...  some great SKB, Weatherby, Browning etc...  guns that seem to be superior in quality to what you get today.

• Like 2

The Browning  Citori is a good looking reliable O/U shotgun that has been around for a long time and it has a proven track record. Personal preferences in looks and the way the gun feels in your hands and fits when you shoulder it are also things to consider. If it meets your criteria the Citori will do it's part.

Al