Trout opener near buffalo?

deerpassion

Wonder if some of you with more experience fishing in and around buffalo area can help me out?! Was thinking of going out for trout opener tomorrow, but after looking at the reg's I'm a bit confused ... Is it a limit or catch and release in that area, fly only ? Any info I'd appreciate thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deerpassion

I'd like to help, DP, but many streams and lakes have regulations SPECIFIC  to their individual waters.

General statewide rules are 5 fish per day, only 2 of which can be 12" or larger.

However some waters have artificial lures only/fly fishing only/ no kill areas, so you really need to read the regs specific to the streams that you plan to fish.

I think the Genesee has no kill/artificial only stretches but they're clearly marked. A couple streams have size limits (Clear creek and Elton come to mind). I wish I'd seen this yesterday I could put you on several streams with plenty of fish and no special regs

Thanks man! I'd still appreciate any info on names of streams that only gave general state reg's. I'd like to keep a few for din din :). Haven't done any fishing since I moved up here in 2012, been too busy honing in my hunting areas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk