Short bolt action

Borngeechee

I've abandoned the Ruger Compact for the Remington Model 7. Weight wise wasn't much different and I think the 20 inch barrel of the Remmy is a good compromise. Now I'm stuck n stainless or blued. I like the look of the blue better but the ruggedness of the stainless has its appeal too. I think there was a blued vs stainless thread on here imma look for.

Geechee born and Geechee bred

For me I'll trade 4-6" of barrel for a 100ish fps any day of the week! I have never in my life heard an educated hunter say "this 308 is too slow I need a 30-06 to kill deer" because no deer in the world will know your bullet is 100fps slower.

For still hunting or tracking I like a gun to be under 40" over all length and a weigh under 7lbs loaded with a scope. This is why I love my tikka t3's with the sawed off barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Buckmaster7600

I've abandoned the Ruger Compact for the Remington Model 7. Weight wise wasn't much different and I think the 20 inch barrel of the Remmy is a good compromise. Now I'm stuck n stainless or blued. I like the look of the blue better but the ruggedness of the stainless has its appeal too. I think there was a blued vs stainless thread on here imma look for.

How much is the Model 7?  If you want a real nice lightweight rifle, look into the Kimbers.  The blued/walnut 84M models are real nice.  For a little more you can get the Montana 84M in stainless/Kevlar.  One tough mother of a hunting rifle that's made for accuracy and real light too, even with a 22" barrel.

How much is the Model 7? If you want a real nice lightweight rifle, look into the Kimbers. The blued/walnut 84M models are real nice. For a little more you can get the Montana 84M in stainless/Kevlar. One tough mother of a hunting rifle that's made for accuracy and real light too, even with a 22" barrel.

The blued is 540 and the stainless was around 620.