Finally found my 10ML-II

rotorooter23

thank you, hunting in a shotgun only county mos the time, this will be my new sitter even though its hard to let leave 11-87 behind.

I hear that last year was first year the old mossy 500 didn't hit the woods I got it new when I was 15 and it never missed a season till last year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have been hunting with a 10ML II for the past 14 years, I used it exclusively all season before they legalized rifles in my area. This gun will go to the grave with me, I absolutely love it, it has to be one of the most accurate muzzleloaders ever devised. My choice load for my gun is a non-recommended load of Hogdon Lil-gun at 43.7 grains, with a 250 grain Hornady SST and a MMP sabot, she is doing about 2475-2500 fps! You can substitute a Hornady 250 grain .452 diameter XTP as well. They group about an inch at 100 yards....get yourself a Spin jag if you do not already own one, it will make loading easier and better accuracy shot to shot. Good luck with that rifle, it’s a bute, and you got one hell of a deal on it, I believe I paid that nearly 15 years ago when I bought mine.

• Like 2

I can't wait to actually use mine on a deer. I got mine purely out of luck but definitely glad I did. A buddy of mine picked up 2 muzzleloaders dirt cheap to flip and make a profit and one ended up being a blued/synthetic 10 ml-II. I offered him $200 and he took it. Definitely not as pretty as the stainless/laminate but still the best shooting muzzleloader I own.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rotorooter23 said:

I love this thing! Here is the buck I harvested opening day with the gun! I did end up buying the Spinjag and rod. Well worth it in my opnion. I am shooting 44 grains of 5744 Accurate arms and a 275gr Parker BE. 

2016 gun peach.jpg

Congrats! Nice buck for sure! How do you like those Parker bullets, what kind of groups are you getting?