The Patriot

A real good film that I like a lot that should have received much more acclaim than it did but not surprising when one looks at the direction this country has taken in recent years. Gibson who is not a favorite of the Hollywood elite caught a lot of flack for having scenes with young boys involved in the fighting shooting guns and killing the enemy.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

A real good film that I like a lot that should have received much more acclaim than it did but not surprising when one looks at the direction this country has taken in recent years. Gibson who is not a favorite of the Hollywood elite caught a lot of flack for having scenes with young boys involved in the fighting shooting guns and killing the enemy.

Al

I didn't realize he was criticized for that. Gibson is a father. And a practicing Catholic. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't think of the children when he made the film. But then again with Hollywood, he would have been criticized no matter what he did.
  • Like 1