Quick working scent attractors

craveman85

Anyone have any recommendations of a liquid lure that will work to lure in nearby bears?  I was going to do a honey burn with 2oz of liquid honey but was told that the honey would be considered a bait by a dec officer. Even if I burn it and take the remnants with me. I've got a few days in a good area with lots of bear sign but there's lots of feed in the area so I need to give them a reason to move. There's so much forage that they really don't need to stay in one area to feed so they don't really have a pattern there. 

On September 6, 2016 at 4:33 PM, craveman85 said:

Side note. Anyone on here call them in with predator calls?  I did have one come in once on a woodpecker distress call but I haven't had any luck since then. If I only had my 375 on me instead of my 17.  

The farm down the road does deer depredation permits. As soon as a deer is shot the Bears show up. The county I live is over run w bears. You shoot a deer n wait the prescribed time a bear is on it. Drag a deer out of the woods, bears follow you, they even pull them from truck beds n decks. Two years ago two dif friends of mine watched bears miles apart, so they weren't the same bear I don't think, catch fawns kill n eat em. If say a deer/fawn distress call is money if they're around. One side note back. Bears are extremely easy to kill, I love my .375, it's a great caliber n can tell lots of stories but bears hit well need much much less

Edited by Bowguy 1