Bird Watchers

Pygmy

Any birders out there..??..

For me watching birds adds  a lot to my time spent in the woods....I enjoy identifying and watching various species of songbirds, birds of prey, etc. etc.  I am nowhere near an expert, but MOST of the time I can identify most of the birds I see, and it is exciting to see and identify a species that I have not previously seen...

I also enjoy my backyard feeder and have literally hundreds of birds visit it daily...

This winter I have a new addition to my feeder..A pair of Carolina Wrens have been hitting my suet and sunflower seeds....Although a couple of my friends ahve reported having them, these are the first ones I have ever seen at my feeder..

I enjoy watching them too, my dad knows alot of their names and I enjoy making descriprions to him so he can tell the names of them. I have different birds near me than he has, so often I will have one he has only seen a few times. My birdfeeders are across my yard that has three feet of snow on it so I havent made it out to fill them in a while..time to send the kid out on his snowshoes!

I need a book to bring with me so I can ID the birds I am not familar with.