Seeking Advice for 3K area.

Bionic

Hello everyone,

i'm hunting a new area in which I literally was given permission for on Wednesday.  Sort of going in blind, i want to scout tomorrow a little,  but do not want to stir the entire place up.  It's approximately 80 acres.....its in zone 3K so lots of pine, and zero farm/fields.  ALL woods.  The woods is pretty much all pine, with some hardwoods mixed in.  I realize this is pretty blind, but for in my type of situation what would you look for in terrain to find where a mature buck spends most of his time?  My mind tells me to find patches of Oaks, for the acorns, but the oaks are just here and there.....I feel like deer in this situation do not have patterns, but still feel like there has to be a way to up my odds of sightings of deer in general.  I have always hunted the outskirts, which is my land, and deer never seemed to have any rhyme or reason to where/when they traveled.  

Any inputs for me? 

I know you want to find his food source, and his trail to/from his core area/bedroom, but it just doesn't seem possible in a woods only area.

thanks! I appreciate it.