New to area looking for a place to hunt

Austen32

This is my first fall in the area and I am looking for some advice on good places to hunt in region 6 during the regular season. I haven't been able to get out and scout some places until now because of work. I went and looked in Adams at Washington State Park this week and was planning on going to Tug Hill State Park sometime as well. Any information on these places and others would be helpful. Thanks 

Edited by Austen32

11 minutes ago, Austen32 said:

This is my first fall in the area and I am looking for some advice on good places to hunt in region 6 during the regular season. I haven't been able to get out and scout some places until now because of work. I went and looked at Washington State Park this week and was planning on going to Tug Hill sometime as well. Any information on these places and others would be helpful. Thanks 

Welcome aboard Austen32! There is a "Regional Maps" section in the "NY Hunting & Trapping Guide" that you get with your license purchase that shows public hunting areas. Even better is a visit to the NYSDEC website which provides more detail regarding specific rules and regulations, phone contact numbers, etc. Best of luck to you!

Welcome Austen32, I regularly hunt tug hill lots of state land up there in the section I hunt 5500 acres. There are plenty of big deer up there but it's not overpopulated you go 5or 6 watches between sightings sometimes.When the weather turns colder and the rut approaches you will have better luck and when you get heavy snow the deer move around a lot migrating off the hill to a lower elevation.There are no doe tags for a lot of tughill.I hope this was some help,good luck this year

overpopulated you sometime gosightings 5or6 watches between sightings. When the weather turns colder and the rut approaches you will see more

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk