what's the best state to go to if you want to do a no guide hunting trip out side of new York  for deer but also for elk moose caribou just any big game 

LJC

what's the best state to go to if you want to do a no guide hunting trip out side of new York  for deer but also for elk moose caribou just any big game  in general

Not sure about WT, maybe PA, NJ, OH, or down south on public land since u said non guided.

Besides WT, I would say antelope is your best chance at success for a DIY on public land in WY. I believe I read once that there Are more antelope than people in WYoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I did Montana. Got a Mullie and my two buddies got Wt. as the do every year .

Now to be fair my friends friend lives there, but it's easy to get to hunt ranches there . When he moved there he just drove around and asked it was pretty easy.

One spot they go the guy used to guide and now a days just lets guys use his cabins for $50 a night, and he tells you where to hunt  ! My buddy was out glassing and a truck pulled up and asked if he was staying at so and so's cabins , then told him To go drive to such and such a spot as it was loaded with deer right now . It's not at all like NY.... 

Visit some other state forums and read, introduce yourself and ask for advice . 

I know guys who a did DIY elk hunt in Colorado and each bow killed Bulls .

lots of public and BLM land out West one can just hunt .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not sure about WT, maybe PA, NJ, OH, or down south on public land since u said non guided.

Besides WT, I would say antelope is your best chance at success for a DIY on public land in WY. I believe I read once that there Are more antelope than people in WYoming.

Sent from my iPhone using 

6 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

I did Montana. Got a Mullie and my two buddies got Wt. as the do every year .

Now to be fair my friends friend lives there, but it's easy to get to hunt ranches there . When he moved there he just drove around and asked it was pretty easy.

One spot they go the guy used to guide and now a days just lets guys use his cabins for $50 a night, and he tells you where to hunt  ! My buddy was out glassing and a truck pulled up and asked if he was staying at so and so's cabins , then told him To go drive to such and such a spot as it was loaded with deer right now . It's not at all like NY.... 

Visit some other state forums and read, introduce yourself and ask for advice . 

I know guys who a did DIY elk hunt in Colorado and each bow killed Bulls .

lots of public and BLM land out West one can just hunt .

Yea I have been out there but  not for hunting yet . Saw lots of wildlife out there mule elk antolop bison sheep grizzle in yellowstone .