Hunting in rain and or snow

Cowboys518

I was wondering from people's experience what you have to say about seeing deer while it's raining or snowing , a buddy of mine that I started hunting with told me that when it rains or snows it's almost pointless to go hunt because the deer know the storm is coming and will feed befor the storm and bed down when it snows and when it rains he says they don't move because they don't hear , anyone verify or give me thier input ? Thanks 

I don't believe there is really a correct or incorrect answer to this. Just this morning my son and I went out in a steady cold rain. We sat in a ground blind to stay dry and warm. We expected to see nothing and there were no other hunters out in my area to move any deer. We actually saw several deer cross one of my fields early, and later on saw a button buck cross the field and bed down on the corner of my woods. He stayed there for about 1 hr. and then crossed back through the same field.There was a steady rain the whole time. In regards to snow, I have seen and taken many nice deer during snowfalls, and actually prefer to hunt in them.

• Like 2