huntingME?

b79holmes

I don't know of any web sites but I have hunted there a few times. First go to their state agency Inland Fish and wildlife and read as much as you can for a start. I learned most of southern Me doesn't have public land it's all private. Second I get The Northwoods Sporting Journal which has articles about each section but has a ton of ads for outfitters, lodges , motels and cabin rentals. I would also tell you to go on VRBO vacation rentals by owner. I found a reasonable cabin for a week long bear hunt with a hundred acres of private land to hunt. In hind site an outfitter would have been better and more money but my buddy and I each saw a bear so it was a good deal. If you go to the Great North Woods there are less places to stay and beside the daily entrance fee you will buy a lot of gas but I did get my bull there so it was worth every cent. Where ever you go talk to the  locals especially people in the state check stations where every deer and moose has to be brought to. Sometimes it's a sporting goods store but sometimes it's a deli or gas station. Now they won't give you their best spot but they will tell you where public hunting land is. You can always call the IF&W with questions they are nice people and helpful. Good luck.