Remington v3

As some of you may know, around Christmas time I ordered a new Remington v3 walnut. I'm not a huge fan of synthetic guns so as soon as they came out with the v3 with walnut furniture I knew I had to get one.

My question is has anyone used one and have anything good or bad to say about the v3? I've heard some good things about it but would like to hear the opinions on here. I plan on using it for clays and maybe an occasional bird hunt.

Thanks guys!

Edit - I'm going to bass pro to pick the gun up tonight after work then I'm headed for camp. I'll report back after I shoot it tomorrow. I'll post some pictures of it in here also if you guys want to see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Looks sweet. I have the versamax which I'm sure you know is basically the same gun with option of 3.5". Best autoloader I have ever shot. You will love your v3

Thanks! They are in some ways similar however the versa max and the v3 actually don't share any of the same parts. The only thing they really have in common is that they both use the "versa port" gas system. The versa maxes are awesome guns, I thought about getting one but I really wanted wood and I don't need another auto loader that shoots 3 1/2s.

Just got back from camp. I put about 25 rounds through my v3 and it shot flawlessly. I'm very impressed with it so far. Definitely the lightest and softest shooting auto loader I have in my collection. It patterned great with the mod choke. For those of you who have shot an 11-87, it handles and swings just like one, but lighter. d71e9bb0225e1528708f0245df0c213f.jpg

Thanks! They are in some ways similar however the versa max and the v3 actually don't share any of the same parts. The only thing they really have in common is that they both use the "versa port" gas system. The versa maxes are awesome guns, I thought about getting one but I really wanted wood and I don't need another auto loader that shoots 3 1/2s.

Lol, just the guts, which imo makes the gun what it is. I love that I can buy junk trap ammo and never have a jam. All my shooting partners have an issue at some point, even the pumps jam on the real cheap stuff. I have prob put 3-4000 rounds through mine. I also leave without a sore shoulder...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeGuy said:

Lol, just the guts, which imo makes the gun what it is. I love that I can buy junk trap ammo and never have a jam. All my shooting partners have an issue at some point, even the pumps jam on the real cheap stuff. I have prob put 3-4000 rounds through mine. I also leave without a sore shoulder...

I agree. I was running some really cheap federal target loads through mine and one of them actually had the brass come completely off of the shell when it was being ejected. I was surprised that it still cycled it and ejected both pieces. Wont be using that ammo again!

I agree. I was running some really cheap federal target loads through mine and one of them actually had the brass come completely off of the shell when it was being ejected. I was surprised that it still cycled it and ejected both pieces. Wont be using that ammo again!

Amazing. The versa port is an amazingly simple and bullet proof system. Literally.
  • Like 1