Stillwater Big Moose guys?

sailinghudson25

Curious if anyone hunts out there on those leases?   If so, do you guys put trail cameras up.  IT seems I have trouble getting them on camera in the winter, not sure if they relocate out of the area and yard up, or they just live in the thick young evergreens for the winter.  I see little snow track in the winter, but see some more in the thick stuff.   I do see deer on camera and on my own eyes elsewhere during the other 3 seasons, but they're real hard to find when the snow is thick.

If they do yard, where do they travel to?  Down by Eagle bay?

I did a lot of work for DEC in the IP lands along the Big Moose road in 2004-2005. I hunt the state land - Pigeon Lake Wilderness, Independence River WF, and a bit of the Five Ponds. The leases south of Stillwater had tons more deer.

I don't imagine they go to Eagle Bay, too far. I wouldn't expect them to move more that a couple of miles.

When feeding was legal, people fed them at Beaver River Station. There would be 25-30 deer there, which given my hunting experiences at times, was a lot of deer.