Help me mull some options...

Adkhunter1590

Thanks for all the advice guys.

To be clear, I don't need side work to pay for a machine. I could buy one, and watch it rot in the back yard without using it once if that's what I really wanted. I only entertained the idea of side work to make a few extra bucks because who doesn't like having some extra throw around money. And if I got to earn that money messing around on my beloved machine, why not right? My wife is the stickler around here and needs convincing on anything we do. The idea of my toy possibly paying for a weekend shopping trip with her mother was simply a way to make it easier for me to get away with buying one lol. Either way she'll go shopping, but you know how women are....

I'm absolutely buying a tractor. May not be this year like I wanted...but the new garage will be cool. If I never make a penny with it I'll be just as content. I've got plenty to do around here with more coming in the future. This isn't the last piece of property I plan on owning by the way. Not only do I have my own plans to buy a couple hundred acres for hunting, but my father in law is rapidly buying up houses and other properties all over the place as rentals. Wife's an only child, these properties are all going to end up being hers someday so we will have the needs for machinery in a thousand different ways.

Thanks all for the particular HP recommendations. I'm thinking my first one is gonna be in the 35-40hp range. This will suffice what I need done around this house and land. Once we buy a camp I'll most likely have to step it up to a bigger machine at that point. But I will upgrade as needed.

In the mean time I'll be renting a machine to do the septic and the most important drain fields for this year. Just enough to get by for now. Next year it's game on with my own machine!