Hello. I have three hunting leases available for the upcoming seasons.

1. Town of Lyndon, Cattaraugus County, NY. 426 acres. Has some cropland, a cattail swamp, and high hills with oak timber growing at the top. Cabin on property that is in poor condition, but you may use. $8,000/year

2. Town of New Hudson, Allegany County, NY 287.5 acres. Some cropland, some swamp and high hills with hardwoods growing on it. $6,325/year

3. Town of Amity/Angelica, Allegany County, NY 85.5 acres. Stream, brush, cropland, and hardwoods. $1,539/year

I am a consulting forester, and these leases are for a client of mine (a dairy farm). These leases are all I have available. Because I don't earn much by doing these leases, I have a streamlined process in which I do them:

Email me for which lease you are interested in.

I will send you a map, and you go look at it at your convenience.

If you like what you see, you can write or phone me and I will get you a lease agreement.

I can't hold the lease for anybody until you come to look at it or come up with the money. So many people look at a lease before they buy, that it is a race to the finish line for your signature and check.

Sign the lease, send a check, and you are signed up for a 12 month contract. the lease comes with the following stipulations:

You have exclusive hunting rights for all game animals.

You have first refusal if you wish to renew your lease.

No use of ATVs other than to deploy tree stands or retrieve downed game.

Only commercially available tree stands allowed.

NO nails in trees, or cutting of shooting lanes.

No camping on property (other than the one with the cabin)

You can have as many people hunt on property as you wish, but all hunters must sign lease.

Please do not phone me until you have emailed, and seen a property that you want to hunt. I just do not have the time to take your phone call until you are serious about buying a lease. I will give you all of the provenance you need to assure yourself that I have the authority to sell these leases for my client. My website is at: www.pcforestry.com and you may write me at [email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pete Collin
      Hello. I have two large hunting leases available for this fall. They are both on Rawson Road between Rushford and Cuba, right on the Allegany/Cattaraugus County line. There is a 287.5 acre lease offered at $6,325 per full year, and a 426 acre one offered at $7,668 per year. This would be for exclusive rights for one entire calendar year.

The leases will be sold according to the following rules: If interested, email me and ask for a map. I will send you a detailed aerial photo with the property lines sketched in. I can't give you a tour. You may show yourselves around the property, and contact me at: [email protected] if interested. I will take no phone calls until you have actually seen the property. I get a lot of tire kickers selling hunting leases, and can't spent that amount of time on the phone. If you want to lease either one, we will have a written agreement that spells out all of the terms. Those terms include:
      - Exclusive hunting rights.
      -You may have as many people hunt as you like, but all hunters must sign the lease.
      -No camping
      -ATVs may be used only for putting up stands or extracting downed game.
      -Only commercially sold tree stands may be used
      -Absolutely no nails or screws in the trees.

Both leases are for the same large dairy farm. I have sold many leases for them, but these two are the only two that I have personally hunted. There is a very good population of deer and turkey. Being located so close to the main farm, these parcels have been patrolled for years and trespassers have been dealt with strictly. So you will not have the problems with neighbors here that you might on other pieces of land. Everybody knows who this land belongs to and what the consequences are for trespassing.

The 426 acre lease has a large swampland on part of it, as well as planted fields and an oak laden hilltop. So it would appeal to waterfowl hunters as well as upland game. Either lease would provide you and your group with some exciting with little interference from outsiders. Let me know if you'd like to have a look!  I am a professional forester.  My website is www.pcforestry.com