Finally sun!!!!

Rained yesterday...told Mr B it was going to rain last night...no,no,, at 12:30am when the dog came in and woke us up, it was pouring and blowing in all the windows he left open on the west side...So I'm scrambling to close them and turn on the out side light to find he'd opened the garage door too...After drying off, I finally got back to bed :mda:

The garden is a mud hole..the strawberries are rotting...tossed more then I picked and I picked 6#'s...I can't believe the seeds all came up!...I did carefully trans plant the brussel sprouts I direct seeded to their new home in the garden..I will do that from now on it has worked out well..14 plants in all...The cabbage I divided and moved around is doing great as well and my corn is 2 in" high. having the farmer plant his at the same time...has helped a lot..cross fingers... the animals are hitting his Field and I still have plants!

But the sun came out today and I boogied. Mowed,  weeded where I could...mowed the lower plots in front...Finally! stinking daisy and thorny thistle galore. tons of summer weeds and grasses started...So I will be spraying ,depending on weather. did find a nice surprise...wild fox glove...a beautiful specimen...that stayed. 4 hours...I'm tired..but now I have to take care of all those straw berries and freeze them...jam is next.....

It's so cool and a slight breeze, big clouds under a crisp blue sky...I refuse to look at the forecast and spoil the mood.. hope you all are having as nice a day...

Boy THAT was short lived...you know it's going to be a long day when your working and it starts to sprinkle . This about an hour after mail man drives by. Now weather said rain at 1pm, mailman usually shows between 11-12pm...you get back to the house fro a break and it's only 10:15 Threatening to rain and too breezy to do any wood lot work ...Think I'll just try to mow before it gets any wetter...no sun today...