How's my paper tune look?

uberyan

Got around to doing some paper tuning on my bow.

Some background info, I've been shooting for a few months now, so still a novice. Consistency level I'd say about 2-3 inches at 20 yards save for random flyers when I get lazy with form (indoor range with field tips). I've been using the true shot training aid to keep my grip as consistent as possible.

Prime Ion 60lbs/27.5DL, GT Hunter XT arrows at 340 spine, cut 28.5 inches and 125gr field tips. Shooting right handed.

This was what I started out with, first shot through paper:

55E18B26-F4DB-45FD-8DE7-CB2942E82DFE_zps

Adjusted the rest to the left until I got to this:

8CDFD7B4-2533-4513-B4A1-F62F11A4083F_zps

Same hole with the paper pushed from the back a bit:

F45EAFBA-4099-4957-97FF-7F217F2BEBA6_zps

I stopped here because I couldn't tell if it really needed more adjustments (also cause I was getting tired, long day).

That first shot makes it look like it's not perfect because of the way the paper tore on the left side. But you can see that the entry point is fairly centered within the vanes (the little black specks are the bits of target foam that were stuck on the field tips). I'd say it's probably hitting slightly tail high but I'm just on the fence whether there still needs to be any lateral adjustments.

For the record, I'm not looking to be OCD perfect with everything, I just want solid accuracy for hunting and to make broadhead tuning easier.

Next step after this will be some walkback tuning and then just lots more practice before the season rolls around.

Could be that you are not standing square to the target or the target is at an angle , are the arrow vanes rubbing on the rest ?.

Try shooting closer as 10 yards and see how the arrows are hitting the target are they square or at a right angle to the target.

What ever you do do not shoot groups at the same spot on the target( a good way to screw up broadheads and arrow shafts ) Get a target or put 5 spots on the target and shoot one arrow at each. 

Good to hear most that last shot is fine (from here and from the archery forums). I love shooting the bow but for some reason was really not enjoying doing the paper tuning.

Thphtm, I learned early on not to shoot consecutively at the same spot. Had a robin hood during my first round of ever shooting a bow, luckily the bow and arrows were all range rentals.

I tried it out once I got my own arrows just to see if it was dumb luck the first go around. I never got a nock busting robin hood with my own stuff but there were quite a few times where the shafts were definitely skinning each other in the target. Won't be doing that again.