Filming Hunts...

Anybody here film there hunts, whether its self filmed or buddy filmed? I used to do it years back and enjoyed doing so. This fall im going to get back into it but I need an HD handheld cam, and possibly a remote stationary cam. Id like to start making almost like a journal of each hunting season with the use of HD video and still pictures. I dont want to invest a ton of money for the first cam but was thinking something like the SONY HDRCX405/404 or the Cannon R700/800. Trying to stay around the 2-300$ price range tops . Using it to video tape and capture nice still images while afield. I think it will be either one of these cams to start with, could one tell me which would be the better route? I think they are fairly similar. The SONY has MP4 for easy sharing which i like  and it sells with many accessory packages too.. 

Just trying to keep it simple yet fun, and somewhat cheap for now. I'm not into electronics so I don't know too much about them lol, Thanks!

I filmed a few turkey hunts when I worked in KS. I used a HD handheld Sony. I don't know the model number off hand but I bought the camera with a few accessories for $375-450 if I remember right. I'm no tech geek so I have no idea what's better than what but my videos came out really good so I'll give a thumbs up on Sony products.

• Like 1

Probably something close to what im looking at. If its like anything else they usually come down in price over time.. I spent 600$ on the cheapest local SONY handheld i could find 10-12 years ago lol.

There are cheaper knock off HD cams, but i believe they dont have compatible software or something for uploading to PC. Some sort of Japanese or Chinese set up.