More from the creek.

skyhunter

This is a different set and a Sony P41. The darn hooded merganser pic was out of focus again. :) The muskrat finally took the dead fish bait but didn't offer up anything special, and the woody in the back was real far away, but a real unique pose, so I did a big crop on that picture to reveal the" little toy" duck.

resizehoodedmerganser.jpgresizeDSC01480.jpgresizeDSC01466.jpgresizeDSC01532.jpgadjDSC01520.jpg

Love your different critter shots! 8)

What are you strapping your cam to for your water sets....something tells me this is not your typical tie it to a tree method you are using.

I'm assuming you have some sort of water stake you poke in there and mount your cam to.....just curious how many cams you've lost doing this. >:(

What are you strapping your cam to for your water sets....something tells me this is not your typical tie it to a tree method you are using.

I'm assuming you have some sort of water stake you poke in there and mount your cam to.....just curious how many cams you've lost doing this. >:(

You're right on all counts. Yep, cut a point on some wooden stakes and hammer em in there; usuall in a foot on two of  water. I use the kwikee quiver type screw in mounts where you have the bracket on the camera unit and can just slide them on and off the screw in part of the mount.

Losing them in the creek? Yep, happened a few times, now I'm a little better at watching the weather and setting them accordingly. But to get the best pictures you have to aim them straight away and therefore have to move them up and down as the water level often changes. You have to keep on top of it, but it's a lot of fun as well, especially when you're a trail cam freak like I am. :(

You're right on all counts. Yep, cut a point on some wooden stakes and hammer em in there; usuall in a foot on two of  water. I use the kwikee quiver type screw in mounts where you have the bracket on the camera unit and can just slide them on and off the screw in part of the mount.

Losing them in the creek? Yep, happened a few times, now I'm a little better at watching the weather and setting them accordingly. But to get the best pictures you have to aim them straight away and therefore have to move them up and down as the water level often changes. You have to keep on top of it, but it's a lot of fun as well, especially when you're a trail cam freak like I am. :(

Dang,

You guys just sparked an idea.........................details at 11.

FDXX75