Field & Stream 24 gun safe

Deerthug

Hey all, 

It's been a while since I've posted - life and work get in the way sometimes - so I thought I'd share my recent purchase of a gun safe. 

I've researched high and low and side to side in search of a gun safe that would serve my purposes. After months of looking  about 2 weeks ago I stopped at the FS in Melville and they had their safes on sale, or so I thought.  I was looking at the 24 gun but leaning toward the FS 16 gun as the 10 gun would have been way too small for my purposes. At that time the 16 gun was $449 on sale and the 24 gun was not on sale priced at $699. I was ready to pull the trigger so to speak on the 16 gun and was originally told that deliver would be $175. However, as I was about to order it at that time I found out that the deliver would have been $325. Which would have brought the total cost to $775 without tax.  Ugh!  I could not bring myself to pay almost half the cost for delivery at that time for a safe which would serve my purposes for now but would leave no room to grow down the road. The employees suggested getting a couple of buddies to help me pick it up to save on delivery but unfortunately, I didn't have anyone who would be able to help. So needless to say I passed at that time. 

Then this past Monday I stopped into FS to pick up some ammo and decided to walk over to look at the safes again. Well much to my delight, their prices dropped drastically even more. This time the 16 gun was down to $399 plus shipping which was not much of a move but the 24 gun was $449 plus shipping down from $699. Given that both safes weigh over 300lbs, the delivery cost would have been the same.  After thinking about it for 2 minutes, I pulled the trigger on the 24 gun safe. For the same price as two weeks ago I got a much larger safe which of course I have no choice but to grow into... lol wink, wink, wink. 

It's getting delivered and set up tomorrow afternoon as the delivery cost includes in home set up. :biggrin:

DT 

• Like 4

i picked up the 24 gun F&S safe several years ago.  i got it cheap on black friday.  store helped me load it into the truck and i got the help from a couple other people to get it into the house.  we took everything out of it and removed the door.  still worried that with us and the safe the weight might break stairs.  went in fine though.  it was a great investment.  still wish i had a bigger one.  wouldn't want to think about getting it in the house though.  it just sits there now.  not bolted down but nobody's moving it with any amount of men.  it's full.  only way it'll come out of there is to empty it or blow a hole in the house and pick it out with a crane.

• Like 1

I bought the 24 gun F&S about 3 yrs ago for the money there a nice safe. When I got mine in the house and unboxed I discovered it had a chip in the right top corner. I called Dick's and they said I can bring it back for and exchange but I was pretty mad since it took 3 people a half-hour to wrestle it into place only to find it was damaged. I ended up going in a receiving a $75 dollar cash rebate and kept the one I had. The chip was small and after I painted it black you could hardly notice it. I wish I had went bigger it's says 24 gun bought they must be thinking some hand guns or at least some very small rifles stacked up because I got 10 scoped rifles and I'm pretty much out of room.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2