Thoughts on Leupold Scopes

41 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Currently, yes, along with see-through mounts for rainy days.  I rarely move it past 3 unless I'm looking into a large field and don't have binoculars, and no, I don't look at people through it. I hate wearing glasses in the woods, they always fog up, and get knocked off my head. I never "got" the whole red-dot thing, it's much easier picking things up with the old-fashioned crosshairs setup (for me).

i never go the whole iron sites thing lol. but i'm a young pup and all I knew was scopes. I have a bushnell t25. It's like a scope but a red dot. provides a better peripheral field of vision i guess...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belo said:

i never go the whole iron sites thing lol. but i'm a young pup and all I knew was scopes. I have a bushnell t25. It's like a scope but a red dot. provides a better peripheral field of vision i guess...

I like a scope for spring turkey hunting, my gun throws an extremely tight pattern, which is what I want. When a bird sneaks in, it's easier for me to identify sex & beard length with a gun up on my knee already than fiddling with binoculars. To each his own, I don't have much trouble picking anything up with the scope on 3X.