Not unlucky...

growalot

So I'm on my morning hike and coming up out of the creek bed looking down...there are trails I can not clear ,so I was being careful  about beech roots under the wet leaf cover on the steep incline... I get to the top and look up..mind you I've been talking to myself out loud,figuring out plans, there not more than 10ft to my rt and in front of me is a big ole wht (mostly) skunk. I froze and he looks up at me as if to say hello, then continues scuffing around in the leaf litter looking for acorns,beech and hickory nuts...HHmmm decision...I put my head down like I do with deer and kept on walking ...once I got 20 yrds away I turned and made a kissing noise...when he looked up I yelled thanks! he put his head back down and went about his business. note  to self....hunt this area carefully....:wink:

See I'm not always unlucky..lol

Some times those stinkers really don't seem to pay attention to anything. Are they really that confident that nothing will mess with them? I've had them walk up to me like they were blind as a bat. Fortunately when I made some crazy arm waves and spoke up they have always waddled off the other way. However, each one of these close encounters of the stinky kind always remind me of what great carriers of rabies skunks are. So I give them the respect that is due.

• Like 1