1C Suffolk County Rookie - Mentor?

Rookie1226

Hey all,

I am looking for someone to show me the ropes in 1C on Long Island. Here is what, if anything, I have going for me.

Last year was my first ever hunting season (unsuccessful). I am 28 years old and inherited 2 years ago my grandfather’s hunting rifle. Since then it has been a mission of mine to get into the sport. I am an avid fisherman and no stranger to the outdoors, no problem waking up early and working hard to get the job done. I have done tons of research and I have all appropriate equipment, tags and licenses. My main focus in the beginning of this adventure was rifle but now I have a pregnant wife at home and can’t travel upstate all that often and I am looking to hunt bow on LI.

I think after a conversation with me you will appreciate that for someone so green, I am very knowledgeable of hunting in general and you will find a halfway decent hunting partner. My main focus is that I will have limited time in the woods and I am looking to be as efficient as possible and finally experience what I have been reading about for years. I am truly passionate and willing to do what it takes.

Any takers?  

• 2 weeks later...

Rookie 1226, I am not an efficient hunter and probably not a good mentor, but if you want me to show you a couple spots on state land and how I approach things, we can plan to meet up tomorrow and "scout" a couple spots and take things from there.  I am new to the forum, so I will try to send you a PM.   If that doesn't work I'll post an e-mail address where you can contact me.