Big Whitetail Bucks

nybuckboy

Its about taking on the smartest fined tuned animal on the planet. One that lets his guard down only once a year and is still the smartest animal on the planet.  

“Smartest” on the planet. No way. Not even smartest in North America. Might not even be the smartest deer species in North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

No?  How easy did your last trophy Whitetail come by?

My point is. If you hunt the right spot in Iowa or Kansas you can shoot a giant.

If you the Hunt right spot for other species it won’t be as easy. Wolf hunting is just 1 example.

How many Booner Whitetails are entered each year from say Iowa compared to say Coues deer from Arizona or Tule Elk from Cali?

How tough is sheep hunting or goat hunting, etc.

Compared to sitting in a tree stand in Iowa or Sask.

• Like 1

My point is. If you hunt the right spot in Iowa or Kansas you can shoot a giant.

If you the Hunt right spot for other species it won’t be as easy. Wolf hunting is just 1 example.

How many Booner Whitetails are entered each year from say Iowa compared to say Coues deer from Arizona or Tule Elk from Cali?

I would bet if you threw the numbers up of the hunters chasing compared to the trophies taken the whitetail would still come out on top.

This is a creature that changes me about mid September into a caged animal who walks around my house looking out across the field and pond edge looking for deer. The same creature who makes me crain my neck all around as I'm driving through the countryside.  Sometime in late summer I begin to eat, sleep, drink and think about these magnificent animals that walk our woods.  To me, they are the ultimate challenge with a bow in NY state.  To kill a big mature buck.  

• Like 1