Call from Iroquois refuge

sodfather

Yesterday I got a call from the the refuge with questions on where I was hunting on opening day. For those who are not familiar you need to submit paperwork do get a draw for that weekend. Now they give you a map and you need to draw where you hunted for that day. So apparently I marked on the map they gave me an area that is restricted as of this year. Even though we got skunked that day due to pouring rain we were in the wrong spot. I explained to him that I’ve hunted that for 10 years and never was restricted and it was an honest mistake and was not marked with signs. He said he understood and knows my name from the years I’ve been there. I said I’d be willing to help out put up signs to make it clear to hunters when walking in a swamp at 4am so everyone knows and to call me when they want this summer to help out. Then he says they may open that section back up cause a lot of others made the same mistake as I . Anyone else get confused with what areas to hunt anywhere that the state doesn’t do the greatest job in marking?