adding weight to carbon for traditional hunting arrows

sweet old bill

I see lots of hunting arrows that are carbon now are buying for about $12 dollars a doz 100 gr brass weight that you put in prior to putting the arrow tip insert into the shaft. I do the same thing but am using the .243 brass bullet copper. I pull the nock off the saft prior to starting to add the weight, if the points insert are in the sahft I heat the point and then pull the point from the sahft. I then use 214 hour slow epoxy on the bullet point and insert into the saft, I then put epoxy on the arrow insert point and put that into the shaft. My next step is to use a cleaning rod from the nock end and push down the shaft ot make sure the bullet point is seated on the arrow insert point. I allow the arrow to cure for a day and 1/2 before using the arrows. I got a00 points from a gun catalog for $9.85 plus shipping. so far have done several doz for buddies as well for myself.

My youngest son shoots a Limbsaver Dead Zone compound . He uses the Grizzley Stix arrows with 2 blade single bevel cutting edges . With the inserts and the heavy blade his arrows are about 850 grains . They make a real "thwack" sound when they hit !  ???