Bass fishing in Delware county

sweet old bill

With the opening of bass fishing season does anyone have a area in Delware county that they would recommend for bass fishing ? I am near the town of Oneonta. I see a river runs thru the town and some areas sure look like it would be good for small mouth bass...thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Bill the Susquehanna river is loaded with smallmouth bass, which does run right through Oneonta. Oneonta area has plenty of bass fishing. If you own a boat you can launch behind Knotts Motel off of RT 28 which is about 15 minutes north of Oneonta. You'll be above the hydro dam on the river. The lake is called Goodyear Lake and is loaded with both smallmouth and largemouth along with walleye. The hottest spot in town if you ask me.

I always see people fishing down at the south side dam across from walmart. I have caught a few bruisers below the falls.  You can also fish Wilber pond (Oneonta Reservoir) which belongs to the city of Oneonta. Shore fishing only and has DEC access. I ice fish that lake exclusively during the winter months.