burmjohn

2018 Deer Management Permits (DMPs) Still Available

Deer Management Permits (DMPs) Still Available

DEC reminds hunters that remaining Deer Management Permits (DMPs) are available in several Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) beginning Nov. 1.

DMPs allow hunters to harvest extra antlerless deer and are issued for specific WMUs to control deer populations. In some WMUs, all applicants received permits during the initial application process, and we did not reach the DMP target. In these units, DEC has reopened the DMP application process on a first-come, first-served basis. Hunters may apply for up to two additional DMPs in these WMUs at any DEC license sales outlet starting today.

Leftover DMPs are not available by phone, mail or internet. Hunters must apply at license issuing outlets. Applicants that previously paid the $10 DMP application fee during the initial application period, or who are exempt from the application fee, will not be charged for this additional application. Hunters that did not previously apply for a deer management permit are required to pay the $10 application fee.

DEC will accept applications for leftover DMPs for the following WMUs: 1C, 3M, 3R, 3S (bowhunting-only), 7F, 7H, 7J, 7R, 8A, 8C (bowhunting-only), 8F, 8G, 8H, 8J, 8N, 8R, 9A, 9F, and 9G.

For more information, visit the Deer Management Permits website. 

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

got a 7F and a 7J this morning.  Usually i have used at least one by now.  But figured i get an extra anyway in case i get a happy trigger finger during gun season.  

• Like 1