Now this is something new I could actually get behind!

Buckmaster7600

38 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

My hardest-kicking deer gun is an old Ithaca featherlight,16 gauge deerslayer.   That might weigh 6 pounds with (5) slugs in it and is basically built on a 20 gauge action.  The ammo is loaded up to nearly 12 gauge energy level.   I never notice the recoil when shooting deer with it, but it is rather punishing on the range.  I always use a pin-on recoil pad, that is filled with something like silly putty, when target practicing with it.   It kicks a lot harder than a buddies Ruger #1 458 win mag, that I fired a few times, but of course that gun weighs about twice as much. I don't think many folks understand how much the weight of the gun comes into play with "felt" recoil.   Anytime I hear someone complain about recoil from a deer rifle, I wonder if they have ever had any experience with a shotgun.  That said, my Marlin 512 is rather tame with 3" 12 gauge slugs, but it weighs a lot closer to the Ruger #1 .458 rifle than the Ithaca 16 ga. shotgun.              

Yep mossberg 835 3.5 in mag is like shooting a 10 ga 3in but half the weight of a 10.. actual has enough recoil to break your collarbone..  

Like I said I want balistics.. if it can double my range of 45-70 and weigh the same I'd look into it. But otherwise it's just like the 6.5 creedmore to me a fad...