Bear Shifted Car Into Gear, Turned On Hazard Lights

burmjohn

http://www.wfmz.com/news/24369121/detail.html

24369163_300X225.jpgLARKSPUR, Colo. -- A brown bear broke into and became stuck in a car in Larkspur early Friday, Denver TV station KMGH reported.  Sheriff's deputies responded after a neighbor called in a  suspicious vehicle because the car's horn had been honking for 45  minutes, Deputy Michelle Rademacher said."I was in bed and my mom  and dad came rushing in saying, 'Did you lock your car today?'  I said  'No.' My dad's like, 'It's gone.'  At that point I was freaking out, and  he said, 'It's a bear. There is a bear trapped in the car,'" said the  car's owner,  17-year-old Ben Story.Ben said the bear had somehow  hit the shifter and the car rolled backward about 125 feet, off the  driveway, down an embankment and into some trees."So this bear  opened the door on his own, somehow the door closed behind him, he  panicked and started thrashing around, hit the shifter and put the car,  took it out of park," Story said. "It rolled back, down over the hill  and down into here, and stopped. The four-way flashers were on. It's  like he knew what was going on,  and kept hitting the horn."The bear even managed to turn on the hazard lights.

I guess that is one of the hazards of leaving you car open.LOL Even if the door was closed the bear could have gotten in. Saw on discovery or animal planet that bears could break into cars (as long as there was some food coaxing them) WOuld not want to be the owner of that car.