How is 3F looking so far

Deerguy

Been out two times on my spot in Dutchess and I have seen a few does and 6 bucks, from a spike to a nice 7pointer. All within shooting range but passed them up knowing what the spot can produce. Still early and the little ones are putting their antlers together. I saw two four pointer sparring this morning.

Edited by Deerguy

• 4 weeks later...

I used to hunt taconic hereford state forest a couple of years ago but the mountain bikers from the nyc took over and ruined the place used to take some nice deer out of there haven't been back since that was 3G if i am not mistaken town of Pleasant Valley, NY

I hunted there for years as well. Last year right in the middle of the season I got into it with a group of them.

They come through clanging, wiith brown dogs and white clothes on. it became more of a respect issue. They have to ride in the middle of the winter.

Hunters have been on that property for years and years. I have pictures of me as a boy with my dad in the back of the truck with the deer.

It sucks but I will not desert the property for them, I still take my daughter over there with her Pink break action BB gun and bow to teach her safety and let her cap off some lead.

:spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

Edited by TeamBullsEye

Yup went there yesterday same thing. They rode 4 feet aay from me and never even noticed me sitting there. Of course talking as loud as can be and wearing white sweat pants. I am going to have to find somewhere else to go, start soliciting the farmers. I pay the State to use that land when I purchase my license, maybe they should have a biking permit............

Anything else in 3F???

Edited by TeamBullsEye

Nothing for me. I spent Saturday and Sunday in Columbia Cty (4Z), and saw four does. The past two days I was in 4F, near the border of Salt Point and Hyde Park. I didn't see anything; neither did the other hunters I spoke with. My neighbor told me that two big bucks have been in his back yard every afternoon at 3:30ish. I sat out there for 4 hour today and didn't see a thing.

Hopefully the rain wont be too bad tomorrow.