great morning in 3k

hunterjohn

what very exciting from the moment i got in the stand i had a buck chasing two does and out come a beautiful 8 point buck about 30 yards i draw back and missed right over his back. but he was so focused on his doe that he jumped in to the brush then came out at 20 yards i draw back and whack he dropped to the ground so i tried to get another arrow in him as he was dragging his hind end... i couldnt there was too much brush.. he got on all 4 feet and took off so i let him go for an hour and half.. at this point i see that the doe is at 15 yards so i draw back and whack she runs off about thirty yards and dies... i followed the big bucks blood trail about 250 yards it was easy to follow and then there was a puddle of blood and two drops after that i could not find any more blood i circled around could not find any blood. do you think he will live? the blood was bright red so im thinking it was just muscle shot.. what do you guys think?

john

• 3 weeks later...