A few pictures of coyotes

KEVA

As I am new to the forum I thought I would share some picture I have got over the past year. Lots of coyotes, will make for some fun winter hunting.

This picture just caught tow of them at a cool moment.post-1591-0-40725500-1320104069_thumb.jp

This coyote just looked big, the second picture is to give you something to compare the coyote to. The dog is a small bodied lab that weighs 63 lbs. She needs a diet and some more duck hunting.

post-1591-0-06457800-1320103908_thumb.jppost-1591-0-19138500-1320103922_thumb.jp

Here are a few pups living near the camera.post-1591-0-82126500-1320104261_thumb.jp

This is a buck with a weird looking right antler. Wondering what it ending up looking like this year, maybe I will see him again. Has three lobes if you look closely..post-1591-0-47056000-1320104652_thumb.jp.

• Like 1

Chenango county. They tend to congregate on this property as it is near a swamp and a good portion is not capable of being farmed. We have one person who traps it, and we shoot them on sight, but there are a lot. Hopefully I will have our spotlight in good order and get a bunch of them out this winter. Had more pictures of them at this location than deer. Surprisingly their are a good number of fawns on this property each year too. I don't know how they live in such close proximity and survive, I am sure some don't.

I watched a coyote eying up two fawns with their mother during archery seasons one year. The doe parading back and forth establishing a line where the coyote should not cross. A nice buck stepped out after a few minutes about 30 yards from the coyote. Lowered his head without even stepping and that coyote ran off tail between its legs. Fun to watch.

Northern Chenango County is about as descriptive as I am willing to get on here. ;) There are plenty of yotes in the area. I seemed to have seen more this past year. This camera is in an especially well trafficked area. That pathway seems to funnel them. The deer however do not mind going through the thick brush, and while many nice bucks reside on the property not once has that camera location caught one of them. I think the path is a little too convenient for the older bucks to risk. If you send me a PM after the deer seasons are all wrapped up in December I may be able to get you out after some, not that I am a very good coyote hunter. I just have access to a good bit of coyote territory.

Tonight, after sunset on my way out of the woods, less than 100 yards away I heard a pack of what sounded like atleast 5 coyotes howling and yapping to eachother. A little freaky, sounded like a pack of wolves !

Yea, just remember, they are deathly afraid of you. Just ask any coyote hunter. Edited by SteveNY

Northern Chenango County is about as descriptive as I am willing to get on here. ;) There are plenty of yotes in the area. I seemed to have seen more this past year. This camera is in an especially well trafficked area. That pathway seems to funnel them. The deer however do not mind going through the thick brush, and while many nice bucks reside on the property not once has that camera location caught one of them. I think the path is a little too convenient for the older bucks to risk. If you send me a PM after the deer seasons are all wrapped up in December I may be able to get you out after some, not that I am a very good coyote hunter. I just have access to a good bit of coyote territory.

Sounds like a plan. When I stay at my moms in Norwich, I live probably a mile from the hill the polk ville is on, ( ilive over near smith ford kind of), I just open my window next to my bed and lay there and listen to the Yotes howling. On a good night they rreally light the hill side up good. Love to hear them, but i hate them.