the bow that will not tune

sweet old bill

I got myt first compound in 1969 a Jennings and have been working on them for a long period of time. I alway tell people that you are better buying new if you can. So that you do not get a bow with problems. Well I did not take my own suggestion. I got on ebay a bow that is a 2009 and was not shot much. I got the bid and the bow came in and it looked like it just came out of a box. But when I went to get it setup the problems started. I setup for a loop, Wb rest, single fiber optic pin slider. Everything looked good except as you shoot you can get out of 8 arrows, 6 inc a one inch spot at 25 yards, but you may get one low by a foot or more or one high by a foot or more. It is a duel cam bow and the cams seem to rool over as they should. I checked the cams, string, cable, and rest for center shot. Well after 2 weeks I now have taken to West End Bow shop in Oneonta and said help. So we will see if he can find what the problem. The only thing I did find was the cable seem to be worn were it is in the cable slider, and seem to make some noise when you draw the bow. I did find one of the screws that you use to take off the bow to change draw length was missing so I replaced it with a 3/16 by 1/4 inch screw from a local harware.

Have any of you also got a bow like this ?

I had one come into my shop one year were the archer had dropped it from 20 + feet tree stand and it landed on the cam. It was bent as he said  just a little. I looked at it and spent the rest of the day calling other dealers to see if anyone had a cam in stock. We finally found one in ENdicott at Neils archery. I sent the guy down and Neil got him back in business.