Upcoming Blood Drive

Steve D

Senator Rich Funke

Dear Neighbors,

I hope this letter finds you safe and healthy as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters together.

State Senators Joseph Robach, Patrick Gallivan, and I are hosting a blood drive scheduled for TUESDAY, MAY 26th from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.,  and WEDNESDAY, MAY 27th from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. in the Red Cross Cafeteria, located at 825 John St. in West Henrietta. The American Red Cross assures me they are taking additional precautions to safeguard the safety of their donors and staff at each drive, including:

•             Pre-screening all individuals, including their staff and volunteers as well as blood donors, by checking their temperature before they enter any Red Cross blood drive or donation center;

•             Following thorough safety protocols, including wearing gloves, routinely wiping down donor-touched areas, using sterile collection sets for every donation, and preparing the arm for donation with an aseptic scrub;

•            Incorporating social distancing measures by providing additional spacing between donation beds and stations within the drive;

•             Collecting blood ONLY from individuals who are healthy, feeling well, and who meet other eligibility requirements, available at RedCrossBlood.org

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Our most recent blood drive was an overwhelming success due to your selflessness and commitment to saving lives. We will continue to get through this together, and we will grow stronger and closer as a result.

As always, please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

• Like 1