Beaverkill on Monday Looking for a spot on the Delaware.

Nytracker

Nephew  is on the board with  8 ,fishing a march brown nymph over a yellow stimulator  2 on the stimulator.  BIL has 3 on the nymph 

Awesome day so far! When you say “nymph OVER a stimulator” I’m confused...the stimulator is a dry on top no??? Wouldn’t that put the nymph under the stimulator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Awesome day so far! When you say “nymph OVER a stimulator” I’m confused...the stimulator is a dry on top no??? Wouldn’t that put the nymph under the stimulator?

Correct sorry ... it's a stimulator with a nymph tied to the shank on a lighter leader. Stimulator is dry ... nymph hangs down in the water 18 inches or so .

• Like 1

It’s official I’m going to fish Friday night, got permission from the wife to leave her and the kid for the night and spend Friday night at camp.

Hoping the drakes are in full swing by then

It’s official I’m going to fish Friday night, got permission from the wife to leave her and the kid for the night and spend Friday night at camp.

Hoping the drakes are in full swing by then

That sounds like an invite to me!!!! Not the “spending the night” part

That sounds like an invite to me!!!! Not the “spending the night” part

The invite is always open! I’ll be leaving my house around 1:30 should be in Hancock by 3

So  my  fishing report.  Nephew  crushed it on beaverkill  sunday night . 18 browns . All on march browns . 

When I  left  at 430 am I had 35  and a very light frost  at home Monday  morning.

Met nephew  7 am Monday  in Roscoe.  Was a chilly morning . .Loaded up his stuff in the truck  and headed to upper Willow in search of brookies. Picked up a couple small browns . No brook trout ... very disappointed.

Stopped at Detty shop in  Livingston Manner to pick  some stuff I had ordered . Curb side delivery. 

Grabbed a sub from Pecks Market for lunch . I can honestly say they make one of the best sandwiches  I have ever had .

Fishing the Beaverkill by 11:30.  An hour of fishing and  steady hatch of march browns and caddis  no rises .  Watched a fish working some thing sub surface . Put on a march brown nymph under stimulator.  And a decent brown crushed the stimulator .

While attempting to climb rocky bank  blew out my wading boot . 10 plus years on the chotas  I guess I got my money's worth. Off to the beaverkill angler shop . $600 bucks later I'm back in bussiness with new waders and wading boots.

Back on the Beaverkill  around Cook's Falls . Sparodic rises  full blown green drake hatch  the likes I have never seen before .  Picked up a couple fish each .

Wind was brutal . By this time . Cumming down the river like a wind tunnel. 

Back in the truck and headed  to the west branch .

Found the spot  just south of Deposit where there is a boat launch. Indian  Country ? Water was very flat  just a few caddis . No rises. Nephew jumps right in and starts fishing away . An hour later and no fish he wades  to shore pretty bummed.  About half hour later it starts. Tiny little dimples start appearing . I watch for a little while and study the rise forms . Nephew  says they are chubs or tiny trout . Tell him we should give it a go . Wade into that freezing cold water I notice a ton of spinners dead on the water .  I watch for a minute and see nothing hatching . Decide to put on a rusty spinner . 2 and cast and its game on . I hit into a 14 inch dandy brown . I honestly lost count of the numbers . Nephew had a great time . I quit about 8:30. Nephew  fished for another 45 minutes. 

Hit the road for drive home . Pulled in the drive way at 11:00 pm.

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 5

So  my  fishing report.  Nephew  crushed it on beaverkill  sunday night . 18 browns . All on march browns . 
 When I  left  at 430 am I had 35  and a very light frost  at home Monday  morning.
Met nephew  7 am Monday  in Roscoe.  Was a chilly morning . .Loaded up his stuff in the truck  and headed to upper Willow in search of brookies. Picked up a couple small browns . No brook trout ... very disappointed.
Stopped at Detty shop in  Livingston Manner to pick  some stuff I had ordered . Curb side delivery. 
Grabbed a sub from Pecks Market for lunch . I can honestly say they make one of the best sandwiches  I have ever had .
Fishing the Beaverkill by 11:30.  An hour of fishing and  steady hatch of march browns and caddis  no rises .  Watched a fish working some thing sub surface . Put on a march brown nymph under stimulator.  And a decent brown crushed the stimulator .
While attempting to climb rocky bank  blew out my wading boot . 10 plus years on the chotas  I guess I got my money's worth. Off to the beaverkill angler shop . $600 bucks later I'm back in bussiness with new waders and wading boots.
Back on the Beaverkill  around Cook's Falls . Sparodic rises  full blown green drake hatch  the likes I have never seen before .  Picked up a couple fish each .
Wind was brutal . By this time . Cumming down the river like a wind tunnel. 
Back in the truck and headed  to the west branch .
Found the spot  just south of Deposit where there is a boat launch. Indian  Country ? Water was very flat  just a few caddis . No rises. Nephew jumps right in and starts fishing away . An hour later and no fish he wades  to shore pretty bummed.  About half hour later it starts. Tiny little dimples start appearing . I watch for a little while and study the rise forms . Nephew  says they are chubs or tiny trout . Tell him we should give it a go . Wade into that freezing cold water I notice a ton of spinners dead on the water .  I watch for a minute and see nothing hatching . Decide to put on a rusty spinner . 2 and cast and its game on . I hit into a 14 inch dandy brown . I honestly lost count of the numbers . Nephew had a great time . I quit about 8:30. Nephew  fished for another 45 minutes. 
Hit the road for drive home . Pulled in the drive way at 11:00 pm.

Sounds like a awesome day. You are truly in my stomping grounds there as my camp is in Jeff.

Spot south of deposit? Did you go into town and make a left before the bridge and follow it down to the end where the boat launch was on the right?

If so yes that a Indian country AKA barking dog.

There is some grass to the right of the boat launch the fish love that bank. Huge browns in there

Thanks for the info chef . Put us on alot of fish .  Popped nephew's  cherry . He had never gotten a fish on the wet branch. He took a float trip his senior year and didn't hook up . He went at them with a vengeance.. there was alot of fish with sore lips last night.

Edited by Nytracker

Yes . Took the road all the way out past the stone works  to the boat launch.

Another great spot over there is the gentleman’s club same road the pull off is about half a mile or so before Indian country..

That or walk down steam from Indian country to the cornfield riffle bb93bc435af5064c75cd4fcd5d9a58c1.jpg

Get this book it never leaves my truck

• Like 1