Share Your Pics and Stories From Opening Day Weekend

88GW

Nice deer all of you!!! I saw one deer in 3 days, a spike & I put him in the freezer. Tell me, how far do you think a deer can run when you put a 12 ga slug through his windpipe and both arteries. He bled like he was heart shot, big wide trail of drops, smears and spatter and he still ran 200 yards!!

Butcher in 9H had some beautiful racks and one bear. He had 75 deer going by 4 o'clock on Sunday.

Nice deer all of you!!! I saw one deer in 3 days, a spike & I put him in the freezer. Tell me, how far do you think a deer can run when you put a 12 ga slug through his windpipe and both arteries. He bled like he was heart shot, big wide trail of drops, smears and spatter and he still ran 200 yards!!

Butcher in 9H had some beautiful racks and one bear. He had 75 deer going by 4 o'clock on Sunday.

My guy over by Howard had 122 by 10 Monday morning. Also some huge racked deer.

The buck I shot two years ago, I hit him in the heart with a 12 gauge slug too, took the top of his heart right off (we examined it closely, because the landowner where we hunt likes the heart and we always give it to him). That buck still managed to run over 160 yards. It's incredible!