Reminder - This is a mostly family friendly site - STOP the cursing / attacks.

Reminder - This is a mostly family friendly site - stop the cursing / attacks.

Its pretty simple, keep it clean, the site is public and I'd like to keep it as family friendly as possible for a number of reasons.  If you can't express yourself without cursing constantly and/or posting inappropriate content then YOU are the problem and I'll be more then happy to remove you. 

Thanks,
John

• Like 17
  • HuntingNY featured, unfeatured, pinned and unpinned this topic

The constant barrage of political cut and paste postings daily from the same handful of people
will kill this sight. Their only purpose is to spread vitriol cause discord. Remove the political nonsense and get back to hunting and the outdoors.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
The constant barrage of political cut and paste postings daily from the same handful of people
will kill this sight. Their only purpose is to spread vitriol cause discord. Remove the political nonsense and get back to hunting and the outdoors.
While we don't usually agree much on this site I can whole heartedly get behind this one full force!

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Any political policies that affect the Outdoor Sports IE-Hunting-Shooting-Fishing-Trapping Animal Rights- Gun Control- should be posted for all to see whom and what party is behind such policies either supporting or against. As a group we should be made to be well informed on this stuff as long as the news is kept clean and family friendly.

The only people that would feel that it creates discord are those who vote and align with the party and politicians who push any anti policies. Those that disagree and are offended should keep their nose out of the board's political section and their problem will be solved.

Al 

Edited by airedale
  • Like 10

Any political policies that affect the Outdoor Sports IE-Hunting-Shooting-Fishing-Trapping Animal Rights- Gun Control- should be posted for all to see whom and what party is behind such policies either supporting or against. As a group we should be made to be well informed on this stuff as long as the news is kept clean and family friendly.
The only people that would feel that it creates discord are those who vote and align with the party and politicians who push any anti policies. Those that disagree and are offended should keep their nose out of the board's political section and their problem will be solved.
Al 

Case in point ^ from a repeat offender.

They use it an excuse to pontificate and label other people.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

These past 11 or 12 days, I  have been off was a peaceful break indeed.

I think what happens is off season " cabin fever". Worst ( back + Forths) seem to occur- Jan,Feb,March and again in late May/ early June.

And,I  get caught up in the Drama as well. Tempers flare and things go too far. 

Part of the problem also is a back + forth between 2 members quoting  each other and 1,2,3,4 or more members come in on the side of 1 member in that back + forth. Alot of these members have less then 70 posts and " stir the pot" to keep things going.

I personally  know how that felt back in late May of 2016 when, I  slightly  wounded a Gobbler after Hobbling in with a 20Gauge and a badly injured foot after stepping  into a deep pothole.

I had a good 20 members Ganged up on me on that Thread on page 37 of the Turkey Forum- Gobbler 20 Feet Above My Head. Most of my pattern missed that Tom because of my foot.  And being an expert Skeet Shot when,I was young with 20 or more 100 Straights, I  know my Guns + Loads and what they can do. 

Still, I  got Roasted in that Thread and it is good to know that it won't  happen to anyone else here after the - Its Been Fun Thread by Fast Eddie.

Anyway- again a very peaceful 11 or 12 days off and now back on. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, airedale said:

Al 

This is precisely the sort of pugilistic attitude that sullies the board. There are great outdoors men and women on both sides of the political divide. We should be able to field informed debate on the forum. 

Your hotheaded declarations and imaginary decrees do nothing to inform or to enable discourse. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

This is precisely the sort of pugilistic attitude that sullies the board. There are great outdoors men and women on both sides of the political divide. We should be able to field informed debate on the forum. 

Your hotheaded declarations and imaginary decrees do nothing to inform or to enable discourse. 

really? I   hope you know most the hunting  content put up on here does not come from  guys with your  political views .   That being said I'm not into woke thinking  your  views don't bother me . Free speech is for everyone.

I saw some nice turkeys today showing off  their feathers btw, today .

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen what's "family friendly" on TV the past 4+ years? TV 13+ has shows dropping f-bombs and brief nudity, TV 16+ is what R used to be- sometimes even pretty close to X.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/new-york-law-would-check-social-media-before-issuing-gun-licenses/

The article states "A proposed New York law would set forth a stunning precedent for gun owners if passed. Senate Bill 9191 would require that anyone getting a state handgun license to have “his or her social media accounts and search engine history reviewed.”

No matter what is posted on this site, or what is posted in any of it's forums, there is no excuse for vulgarity, profanity or personal attacks.  That's the point of the OP.

If you disagree with a post, you have every right to post a rebuttal or refutation, provided you have the decency to keep it civil.  If you cannot post a relevant response and keep it civil, you should expect to be thrown off the site.

There is no justification for posting any personal attacks, or using profanity in your posts, regardless of what you have read from someone else.  If you think there is, you're wrong.

Edited by Grouse
On 3/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, airedale said:

Al 

I don't agree. I'm not worried about my right to hunt or own firearms intended for hunting. No Vegan will take away your hunting privilege. 

9 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I don't agree. I'm not worried about my right to hunt or own firearms intended for hunting. No Vegan will take away your hunting privilege. 

I use an AR for coyotes - Biden wants to make it illegal. I don't care if he's vegan or not, but he's the most powerful person in the country and he says he wants to take it away.

• Like 6
On 3/20/2021 at 10:11 AM, Trial153 said:

Constant barrage? Considering the political banter is confined to only two areas of this entire forum, gun and hunting laws and the political humor forum, I would think one would have to be looking for it to find it.  To assume their purpose is to spread vitriol, rather than inform the uninformed, is judgemental, as is the opinion it will kill this site.  For someone to want it removed, is quite revealing.  Regardless, any replies to any posts should remain civil and refrain from personal attacks.

• Like 5

Thank you, I don't  want to use this as an excuse to rant or to vent .I hope thank you would suffice .But even here in this post  the arguing starts just mention stormy and see what happens[funny i been on here since march 2010 and i still dont know who that is]. There where and still are some amazing people that come on here and have been help and have helped by members here. 10 yrs ago this post would have not been necessary we respected each other .I received p/m's and have sent and some myself correcting what was said in a post but never in public .