Weather grounds Blue Angel's on opening day of bass season

wolc123

Hopefully, the Buffalo city leaders learned thier lesson and won't pull that stunt again (closing SBH to boat launching on opening day).  I wonder how much cash they pissed away on those $8 each vehicle/trailer parking spots with thier visions of $40 each for air show viewers.  Greed is seldom rewarded by He who has the final say on ALL things.

Fortunately, the action was still pretty good downstream:

20210619_122209.jpg

• Like 3

Hopefully, the Buffalo city leaders learned thier lesson and won't pull that stunt again (closing SBH to boat launching on opening day).  I wonder how much cash they pissed away on those $8 each vehicle/trailer parking spots with thier visions of $40 each for air show viewers.  Greed is seldom rewarded by He who has the final say on ALL things.
Fortunately, the action was still pretty good downstream:

20210619_122209.thumb.jpg.e7764d9d0b9eb685ebce6959fc7a8f8e.jpg
Unfortunately Wolc I think the lot was packed both Sat. And Sun.
The show was sold out and a huge success......I have I feeling this Water front show may stick around.
Cars were lining rt. 5 all the way down to Hamburg......Hamburg launch had to shutdown since there was now where else to park tailers.....it was a mad house.

Where did you launch Sat.?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We put in at Isle view park.  We got there at 6:45 am and there was only 4 other trucks and trailers in the parking lot.   We did not have to wait at all to launch.  The fog was thick and visibility on the water was about 25 ft.  

I motored slowly over to the Grand island side, then upriver, about a half mile past the south bridge. The fog started thinning out during our first drift, right along shore.  No bites on that shallow drift. It took us three more drifts out a little deeper (15-20 ft) to get the limit, and we were out by 9:30. 

There was no one at the launch then, except for a student who was working on a clean boat/stop invasive spread project.  He asked us where we launched prior and I replied that was the first of the year.  He asked where I would launch next, and I said most likely right back here.   

That launch gets very rough, if there is heavy boat traffic, but that was not a problem on Saturday morning in the fog and cloudy weather.  I guess this will be my new opening day spot, until the airshow moves back to the falls.