bow class

deerpassion

new to NY here come July or August, From florida n we don't need a certification to hunt archery... Just curious on how fast the turn around is on getting the certification once completing the course, do they give it to you at the end or does it take a couple a weeks by mail, might make the difference on whether i can participate in bow this year... thnks JOE

Keep in mind you need to complete your gun / regular hunting course AND the bow course to do get your license for bow season.

even if i have done the hunter safety certification here in FL , i thought i read that they accept all other states hunter safety certification, and then the special bow class was extra in order to hunt archery? also after im a resident for 30 days (renting) if i just change my drivers license and maybe plates, will that get me the residency rates, otherwise im lookin at an expensive season for non res rates? i know your not the DEC but any info helps to get a head start before i get up there...

You are correct about NYS honoring other states courses and licences. If you have possessed a bow hunting licence in Florida you may be able to just purchase one without taking the course. Most of our gun stores and sporting goods stores sell hunting licences. Take you Florida course certificate and or most recent licence to a licencing agent an inquire with them.

if you have the certificate from Florida in your hand, you will not need to take the hunter ed/gun class. To answer your question when you complete the course, you have your certificate when you leave the class. I would be checking the DEC website for any classes that are now posted and sign up. Archery classes fill up fast.

Edited by bubba