Barrett's Bowhunting

firehunter48

For those of you that are in South Central NY like the Elmira, Corning area, you need to check this place out. Its located in Elmira Heights and could not be more impressed with the knowledge and most of all, the service from these people.

Last weekend we went down to Elmira to visit my Grandmother for her 87th b-day. my cousin had told me about this place and figured since we were going down anyways, i would have the little woman shoot sinc they have an indoor 30 yd range.

When we got there, I had one of the guys check out her draw length since i knew that the guy who we had bought the bow from here in Buffalo completely set the entire bow up wrong, and boy was i right. Not only did we have to adjust her draw length by more than an 1.5" (and the initail guy insisted it was correct even though both i and her said it wasnt right) but they did it for no charge even though we didnt buy it from them originally. Then we went over tot he range where she proceeded to shoot from the ten yd line and you are aiming at the floor and still hitting 3 feet high, u ten to make adjustments on botht he sight and the peep. after the adjustments failed to produce results, i went and asked the guys for some help on the range. one of the compund bow techs came over, since they have "techs" for every type of bow there is, and watched her shoot. she made a couple of shots and the guy made a couple more adjustments. after he just watched for a few more shots and then took the bow from her and asked me to look at the cams as he was drawing. talk about being out of time......oh my lord. last year when she got this bow, she was having problems sighting it in and the shop owner kept taking it to the bow press and moving the peep and taking twists out of the string then putting some more into it etc. the bow ended up being so out of time the one cam was so far advanced of the other one that it was barely past the breaking point when the other one was at full draw. they worked on her bow for almost two full hours fixing that problem alone. long story short is they took their time with her and showed her quite a few tips and tricks and now she actually enjoys shooting like we all do. then when we left we went back to my g-ma's house and my cousin was there and i was telling him about the experience from these true professionals. he proceeded to tell me that he took his 14 y/o son in there a few weeks back and when he went to pay he told my cousin the total. my cousin then proceeded to tell the owner that his son was paying for it himself since he earns his own money and what they were buying was something that his son wanted so he saved his money for it.....the owner gave them a discount somewhere in the neighbor hood (by my math and the rough numbers he was giving me) of a 35-40% discount since he was using his hard earned money.

I can not rave enough about this place. not only is the service BEYOND anything i have ever experienced here in buffalo but they also have an indoor range with 10, 20 and 30 yrd targets, along with the techno hunt. and then on top of all of that, they also carry more supplies than i have ever seen in a shop locally and aslo have probably in the area of 150 new Matthews, Hoyt, Mission, and Elite bows.

Just thought i would pass this along to everyone since its located in a weird spot that you wouldnt find if you werent looking for it......

BTW.....i am in no way shape or form afflilated with this company.....jsut wanted to pass along that there are still awesome shops in this state

I bought my bow there last March. Awesome service, those guys spent about 2-3 hours with me tuning my bow, and making sure it was dead perfect before it left the store. Not only that, but from the 2 other shops that quoted me very similar setups, Barretts price out the door was $200 less. They ran a special at the time I bought, 10% off all accessories with the purchase of a new bow.

I know 2 other guys who've bought bows there in the past, and they said the same thing. I'm a customer for life. Shame I live 2 hours north of Elmira, but I still go down time to time for family events, and I usually try to make a run over there if I can.

Edited by loworange88

i agree with you 1000%......like i said, i have never been happier with any service i have recieved from any type of outdoor store.

Like you, i live nowhere close to elmira (buffalo area) but am now a customer for life as well. my son recieved a bow from my father as a gift and that bow will be taken to Barrett's to get fitted and set up for him. those guys truly run a top notch operation