Got Lucky!

bigpaul

Basicly, trespassing is a self-centered, arrogant attitude that the world owes them something and that it is the duty of others to provide them with recreational facilities. These people are simply showing their contempt for the concept of private ownership, and for those who have worked hard to accumulate the means to be a property owner. Further, it is an act that requires no resulting consideration or tolerance from the landowner. If the land is adequately posted, there is no excuse and no reason for forgiveness. It is a direct in-your-face act that shows ill-will toward the landowner and should be dealt with accordingly.

When I put my signs up, I made it a rule to be in sight of at least three signs at anytime you are approaching the line. That makes it impossible for anyone to "accidently" cross the posted line without knowing exactly what they are doing and being fully mindfuil that they are doing something in direct opposition to the owner's wishes. When they do that on my land, there is no doubt about their attitudes toward me. So, I get a bit hard-line on the subject. There are some very narrow exceptions where I will allow people on my property when they obtain proper permission.

This is the place that I live. It is not anybody's right to question the reasons for the signs or my reasons for putting them up. I paid good money for the land, and each year I pay a fairly hefty amount of taxes for the priviledge of owning that land and determining the use of it. And by the way, I might add that it was trespasser abuse that caused the signs to go up in the first place.

So anyone who is trying to justify trespassing or who are trying to paint a picture of harmlessness, just understand the contentious mentality that is behind this arrogant act. People that feel a right to arbitrarily and without permission walk through or otherwise use the place where other people live are not harmless, and certainly do not deserve any kind of special consideration or tolerance.

• Like 1

Seeing you don't know the back ground to that ...I'll just let you vent away... ;) I do find your comment funny though.....seeing your previous post...I won't assume you ENJOY tracking down ppl and confronting them?...I prefer to nip a problem in the bud and be done with it....

Thanks Paula

Just to make myself clear I wasn't trying to condone trespassing at all. My point was that who is really going to make up "WANTED" signs and post them all through town. Of course I would post my land and if anyone was on it I would approach them and ask them to leave. As far as making up wanted signs and plastering the town with them.... that sounds like something someone would say in a forum but not really ever do. Just my opinion :)