2 person ladder stands at Dicks

• 1 month later...

These are great stands for the money. I purchased 5 last year at different times using my coupons and points from the previous purchase towards the next stand. Seems like they always have a pre and post season sale. I leave em up all year and the only thing I noticed is some of the bolts have surface rust. The paint that looks almost like powder coating has held up well.

After setting this stand up yesterday, Ill never buy another one of them. It is a poor design, and the ladder bowed from the stress of raising it up. We were able to get it solid after putting it up, but it will most likely never endure taking it down and moving it to another location. The bottom platform does not make contact with the tree, leaving just one real point of contact other than the ladder safety bar. I added some blocks of wood to make up the gap between the platform and the tree, which made the stand rock solid.

If I ever buy another ladder stand, Ill get one of the more expensive, heavier built stands. These Comfort Zone ladder stands just keep getting more chincy each year.