Looking to film this year. Best newb camera

bowanna03

Most cams are high def now, but you get what u pay for. Look for the lowest lux rating you can afford (allows you to film in low light) biggest mistake amatures make is allowing the camera to auto focus on their subject. You need to zoom all the way in manually focus on the subject then zoom out. This gives you the sharp clear video you see on television. Its hard to do by yourself (thats why the tv shows use camera men) lens size is also important the larger the lens more light gets in the better film you will be able to produce. Look for these features in the camera you choose. Sony, panasonic, what ever brand you choose.

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to look at a GoPro Hero HD. I use one on my boat and the jetski - it is absolutely amazing. You can kill all sounds, and even set it to operate on a "1 button" Start /stop. PM me if you want to see some of the video I have taken with it. Really great camera, waterproof, fog proof, and tiny. Even has a handlebar mount that will attach to a rifle, shotgun, or scope.