Westchester orchards

Chef

Has anyone evere hunted any of the apple orchards In northern westchester I spoke to the owner of one today and he allows hunting from November 1st to season close for 200 dollars he has apples and standing corn on the property is this worth it

yes, I used to hunt the North Salem orchards a lot. Got lots of does and average size bucks (6 and 8's). Missed the biggest deer of my life there when I as 17 (20 years ago) A 21 pointer that ran in front of a truck ( in the field/orchard) right after my arrow missed it. The truck killed it right away.

They used to give the fee back if you killed a doe

Outhouse. It was sold a few years back. used to have both sides of hardscabble road. Now its just one side. But there's 3 in North salem and Salengers in Brewster. all within 3 miles of each other. Lots of horse property and a vinyard one can sometimes get permission to hunt. But you really need to start asking in the early summer. During hunting season its usually to late.

I knew the owner and grew up in the area. I had permission to hunt lots of different properties and just went deeper into the woods. Must of the other hunters hunted within 100 yrds of the road. Most of my hunting in now in Dutchess

Where in Dutchess do you hunt?